What Are The Symptoms Of Herpes
The herpes simplex symptoms are difficult to distinguish as they are often very mild, and may surface several months after an attack.
- Persistent fever or flu-like symptoms
- Feeling restless and unwell
- Formation of blisters in the cervix
- Itching or burning sensations in the groin area
- Burning pain when urinating
What Does Genital Herpes Look Like
While some people with genital herpes will never have any symptoms, other people can develop symptoms within a few weeks of being infected.
Often, before the lesions appear, patients describe a prodrome, characterized by a tingling or burning sensation in the area where the lesions will develop that can be noticed during urination, along with itching or discomfort in the genital area.
You can also have the following symptoms:
- Blisters on the mouth or lips
- Fever, headache or pain in the joints
- Trouble urinating
The symptoms of genital herpes often go away and come back as recurring outbreaks. For most people, the first outbreak is the worst, and can last from two to three weeks. Future flare-ups are often less severe and do not last as long. Still, some people shed the virus regularly. The following triggers can make outbreaks more likely to occur:
- Viral or bacterial infections
- Menstrual periods
Recurrent genital herpes is most common in the first year after the initial infection and decreases as time goes on.
In many cases, anti-herpes medicine can help patients. When a person experiences a prodrome and suspects a recurrence is going to happen, they begin taking anti-herpes medications that lessen symptoms and shorten the time of the outbreak.
Home Remedies For Herpes Simplex Virus
Herpes infection is caused by herpes simplex virus . Herpes can cause both types of herpes infection. The sore becomes a blister, which can get painful and itchy after healing.
The first herpes outbreak is generally more severe and often involves swollen lymph nodes and pained muscles.
The second outbreak generally occurs once per year, although it is generally smaller in frequency with time.
The hepatitis A virus is not treated. The virus is still dwindling within the body after an outbreak.
Although there are few conventional treatments to cure herpes simplex virus completely, and some take 4 years to bring solution, there are.
Recommended Reading: Do Herpes Outbreaks Eventually Stop
Herbal Remedies May Help Cold Sores Disappear Faster
According to Russell, a chapped-lip stick made with the herb lemon balm is soothing and seals the cold sore. Your best bet for finding such a cold sore treatment is the local health-food store. While there, Russell says you may also want to check out an herbal combination known by the acronym WTTCGE , which appears to reduce the amount of time youll have to suffer a cold sore, according to research from the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
Genital Herpes And Pregnancy
Its really important to speak to a healthcare worker if you have herpes during pregnancy, especially if itâs your first outbreak. Thereâs a risk that your baby can develop neonatal herpes which can be very dangerous or even fatal for the baby. If you have herpes, your healthcare provider will be able to prescribe antiviral treatment to keep your baby safe and help you have a healthy pregnancy.
Speak to a healthcare worker for more information or if you have any concerns.
Read Also: How To Get Herpes To Stop Itching
You May Like: How To Soothe Herpes Sores
Treatment For Genital Warts
It is possible to have a genital wart and not be aware of its presence. Most of the times, these warts clear up on their own. Due to the risk of transmission and cancerous growth that it entails, visible genital warts should be treated appropriately. Visible genital warts can be treated by the following methods and procedures:
- Topical treatment: This is the direct application of a chemical agent in the form of a cream, lotion, or liquid on warts until warts wear off. It is a time-consuming process.
- Surgical therapy: This procedure involves excising the wart by using different techniques, namely, cryotherapy, surgical excision, electrocoagulation, and laser treatment. There are chances of recurrence in surgical therapies.
Get Plenty Of Sleep For Better Physical And Mental Health
Americans are notoriously sleep deprived, but if you have genital herpes, buck this unhealthy trend. Getting plenty of quality sleep affects every aspect of your life your physical and mental health, performance at school or work, and appearance.
To improve your sleep , follow some quick tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Read Also: Can I Get Herpes From Sharing Drinks
Facts And Statistics About Herpes
- According to the World Health Organization, an estimated two-thirds of the global population under 50 years old are infected with herpes simplex virus type 1 .
- Estimates for HSV-1 prevalence in the U.S. among people aged 049 years are 178 million women and 142 million men .
- In total, about 75 percent or more of the American adult population has the HSV-1 virus that usually causes oral herpes , and about 20 percent to 30 percent have HSV-2 that usually causes genital herpes.
- Men and women are affected by HSV-1 about equally. Roughly 6 million women in the U.S. become infected with HSV-1 each year, along with 5 million men.
- Slightly more women than men are affected by genital herpes, whether from HSV-1 or HSV-2. Middle-aged women are most likely to acquire genital herpes.
- Transmission of HSV most often occurs without symptoms, so its estimated that 85 percent of people with genital herpes dont know it. Many dont have any symptoms at all after the initial infection, and only about 15 percent ever receive a HSV-2 infection diagnosis in their lifetimes.
- Most primary oral/facial HSV infections are caused by HSV-1 however, facial infection by HSV-2 is increasingly becoming common.
- Less children are becoming infected with HSV-1 than in the past in high-income countries, mostly due to better hygiene and living conditions.
- After someone comes into contact with an active herpes outbreak on another person, the incubation period takes about one week.
A Holistic Approach To Prevention And Treatment
While herpes normally isn’t a life-threatening illness, itis pervasive, persistent, painful and often embarrassing to theapproximately 60 to 90 percent of the U.S. population who have it. SinceAIDS surfaced more than 15 years ago, herpes –another oftensexually-transmitted disease– has received little media attention andresearch dollars. Recently, the New England Journal of Medicine warned that herpes lesions increase a person’s risk ofcontracting the AIDS virus. In addition, the Centers for Disease Controlhave reported that about 1 in 5 Americans age 12 years and older hasherpes, most of whom don’t know they are infected. Since the late 1970’s,the incidence of genital herpes has risen 30 percent.
To compound theproblem, what conventional medical care offers people with herpes issurprisingly little. Current prescription medicines can be expensive,ineffective for certain individuals, and carry potentially serious sideeffects. The fact is, natural remedies offer many more options toeffectively relieve the discomfort and to prevent future herpes outbreaks.CONTROLLING HERPES NATURALLY: A Holistic Approach to Prevention andTreatment is a supportive, easy-to-use guide to help people withherpes take control of their health. It offers them the tools to liberatethemselves from the cruelty of facial and genital herpes.
CQ Editor’s Review:
–Carol Mulvihill, RN,C, Editor of ConnectionsQuarterly, the Newsletter for College Health Nurses
Recommended Reading: What Is The Worst Herpes
How To Avoid Genital Herpes Outbreaks
Genital herpes affects health through two main ways.
The first is psychological. When we know that we are infected by the virus, worries arise that can lead to stress and depression.
The second effect of genital herpes is caused by outbreaks. If we could avoid them, we would get rid of it and also improve our psychological state.
The ingestion of this product has no side effects and is suitable for anyone. By clicking on the image you can access its official website and learn about all its features.
Herpesyl 26 natural ingredients.
How To Get Rid Of Herpes Naturally
Not every person with a herpes infection actually experiences breakouts of cold sores throughout his or her lifetime or even after initially becoming infected. How often someone has a herpes cold sore outbreak, how severe the outbreaks are, how contagious someone is after infection and how long the sores take to heal all depend on someones individual immune response.
1. Boost Nutrient Intake
If youre going to keep the herpes virus from frequently causing outbreaks, the first step in how to get rid of herpes is to improve immune function by boosting nutrient intake. Include these healing foods in your diet to keep the virus dormant as much as possible:
2. Avoid Inflammatory Foods
Certain foods can raise inflammation, weaken immune defenses and make skin irritation even worse. Avoid the following foods as much as possible to limit outbreak severity and duration.
3. Consider Supplements
- Antiviral herbs: These include elderberry, calendula, echinacea, garlic, astragalus and licorice root.
- L-lysine : Can help treat and prevent outbreaks.
- Lemon balm extract: Apply as a topical cream for healing.
- Vitamin C : Vitamin C boosts immune function improving herpes.
- Zinc : Zinc benefits include supporting immune function, keeping viruses dormant and rebuilding skin tissue to speed up healing.
- B-complex : B vitamins help your body deal with stress and can prevent outbreaks.
4. Try Essential Oils
5. Ease Cold Sore Pain Naturally
Also Check: Can I Give Myself Genital Herpes
Endnotes About How To Get Rid Of Genital Herpes Fast
I hope this article about treatments for genital herpes in men and women has met your expectations for the information you need to get rid of the disease.
The most useful information in the article refers to the cure for genital herpes using The Ultimate Herpes Protocol.
If you have read the full article you will have taken an important step because knowing about the diseases that affect us is the first step to a cure.
I only need to ask you to share this article with your friends on social networks, if you have found it useful, because then they can benefit from the information it contains.
What Happens If You Dont Get Herpes Treatment
The good news about herpes is that its not deadly or even very dangerous. It might be annoying, but herpes doesnt get worse over time or cause serious health problems like other STDs can.
If you dont get treated for herpes, you might keep having regular outbreaks, or they could only happen rarely. Some people naturally stop getting outbreaks after a while.
There are a few reasons people may decide not to get treatment. They might not have that many outbreaks, or their outbreaks dont really bother them. Or maybe theyre not having sex, so theyre not that worried about having herpes right now. Whatever your situation is, getting treatment for herpes is your choice.
Recommended Reading: How To Deal With Herpes Type 2
You May Like: What Causes Herpes On Your Lips
Preventing The Spread Of Herpes
Even when you do not have sores, you can pass the virus to someone during sexual or other close contact. To protect others:
- Let any sexual partner know that you have herpes before having sex. Allow them to decide what to do.
- Use latex or polyurethane condoms, and avoid sex during symptomatic outbreaks.
- Do not kiss or have oral sex when you have a sore on the lips or inside the mouth.
- Do not share your towels, toothbrush, or lipstick. Make sure dishes and utensils you use are washed well with detergent before others use them.
- Wash your hands well with soap and water after touching a sore.
- Consider using daily antiviral medicine to limit viral shedding and reduce the risk of passing the virus to your partner.
- You may also want to consider getting your partner tested even if they have never had an outbreak. If you both have the herpes virus, there is no risk for transmission.
How Can I Treat Herpes At Home
Certain dietary supplementsÃ¢like lysine, vitamin C, zinc, and probioticsÃ¢can help support your immune system and prevent or shorten outbreaks. Once an outbreak has begun, applying cold compresses, licorice root extract, lemon balm oil, manuka honey, or garlic can reduce its severity and provide symptom relief.
Don’t Miss: Can You Tell How Long You Have Had Herpes
Treatment If The Blisters Come Back
Go to a GP or sexual health clinic if you have been diagnosed with genital herpes and need treatment for an outbreak.
Antiviral medicine may help shorten an outbreak by 1 or 2 days if you start taking it as soon as symptoms appear.
But outbreaks usually settle by themselves, so you may not need treatment.
Recurrent outbreaks are usually milder than the first episode of genital herpes.
Over time, outbreaks tend to happen less often and be less severe. Some people never have outbreaks.
Some people who have more than 6 outbreaks in a year may benefit from taking antiviral medicine for 6 to 12 months.
If you still have outbreaks of genital herpes during this time, you may be referred to a specialist.
You May Like: How To Know If I Have Herpes Or Not
Can Genital Herpes Cause Other Problems
If a woman has the first manifestation of genital herpes during pregnancy, she can pass the virus on to her child and experience a premature birth. Half of the children with herpes die or develop nerve damage. A baby born with herpes can have serious brain, skin or eye problems. If babies born with herpes are immediately treated with acyclovir, their chances of being healthy increase.If a pregnant woman has a recurrence during pregnancy, the risk of contagion for childbirth is very low. In any case, if you have this problem and are pregnant, it is advisable to consult your doctor often before, during and after the birth of the baby.
If a woman has a manifestation with lesions on the birth canal or in the adjacent area during labor and delivery, the doctor will proceed with a cesarean section to protect the unborn child. However, most patients with genital herpes show no signs of active virus infection at these times, so they can face a normal birth.
Don’t Miss: Can Herpes Spread To Other Parts Of The Body
Is There Any Resistance To Genital Herpes Medication
Resistance to drugs that treat genital herpes even after 20 years of use is very rare. Herpes medications may not work as well in patients who are very immunosuppressed and have been treated with these drugs for a long time. Each individuals response to treatment may vary. In some cases, patients may need more drugs to suppress their viral outbreaks than others.
What Are The Signs Of Herpes In Children
The herpes virus can be spread to babies and children if they are kissed by someone that is infected and has active cold sores. Although rare, it is also possible to spread herpes to a child or infant by touch if a person touches their cold sore and then touches the baby or child.
Precautions can be taken to protect infants and other children from getting the virus. Avoid kissing children if you have a cold sore and ask other people not to as well. Wash your hands frequently if you have a cold sore and you are around children.
Recommended Reading: Do Herpes Blisters Go Away
Palmarosa Oil And Herpes
Palmarosa, whose scientific name is Cymbopogon martinii, is a kind of herbaceous plant belonging to the gender Cymbopogon. It is also known with the name of Turkish rose.
An essential oil is extracted from the air part of palmarosa which is very used in the industry of cosmetics. It has antiviral, antibacterial, antiseptic and moisturizer properties.
Essential oil of palmarosa can be used for the topical treatment of herpes. You should not use the pure oil, dissolve it in some vegetable oil and later apply the blend on the affected area.
The use of the essential oil of palmarosa is contraindicated in pregnant women and people allergic to pollen.
If you are allergic to some herbs you should consult your dermatologist before using the palmarosa oil.
How To Deal With Injuries Caused During Social Unrest
Youll also learn how to deal with typical wounds caused by violent protesters and rioters.
As a surgeon in Venezuela, Maybell dealt with probably more wounds like these than many doctors in other parts of the world during their whole career. We are no strangers to such events, either, so I say its best to be prepared.
Read Also: Why Do Herpes Itch So Bad
Why Genital Herpes Comes Back
Genital herpes is caused by a virus called herpes simplex. Once you have the virus, it stays in your body.
It will not spread in your body to cause blisters elsewhere. It stays in a nearby nerve and causes blisters in the same area.
If you can, avoid things that trigger your symptoms.
Triggers can include:
- surgery on your genital area
- a weakened immune system for example, from having chemotherapy for cancer
Cure : Supplements For Herpes
When dietary foods do not provide you with enough nutrients which can suppress the virus, it is important to ingest external supplements. These supplements boost your immune system and help you reduce the outbreaks of the virus in your body.
Before taking any of the supplements mentioned, it is mandatory to consult your physician because some supplements may interfere with the bodily functions if you are under certain medication.
Read Also: How Do You Get Rid Of Genital Herpes