Oral Cancer Or White Spots Lip Cancer
Also referred to as mouth cancer is a condition that causes damage to tissue cells. This type of cancer can affect various part of your mouth including lips, tongue, under tongue or mouth floor, the palate , and throat. The inside part in particular, are affected.
Symptoms of oral cancer are quite tricky. At inception, the white bumps that form may cause no pain at all. When these bumps are exposed to aggravating conditions such as sun exposure, tobacco and alcohol, they begin to bleed and become a source of discomfort. Adding to that, the following outlined symptoms describe oral cancer behavior.
- A small white spot on lips not raised,
- Thick speckled white patch inside lips and in the mouth. Sometimes red in color,
- Persistent sores that do not heal in two weeks time or ,
- Unusual bleeding especially on mouth sores,
- Sudden numbness and loss of feeling in mouth, inside cheeks, on roof of mouth, etc.
- Getting a chronic painful sore throat leading to hoarseness in voice,
- Difficulty in eating and swallowing,
Oral cancer can be controlled well if it is diagnosed and evaluated early enough when the signs have shown up at inception. But it is worth to prevent it as we shall a bit later in our discussion.
When Is It Time To See A Doctor For Genital Herpes
Its important to see a doctor if you suspect you have genital herpes. Your doctor may collect a sample and test it for the herpes simplex virus and other STIs. Once your herpes diagnosis is confirmed, your doctor can help you select a medication or treatment best suited to minimize the impacts of genital herpes on your health and quality of life.
You may also want to see a doctor if your recurring genital herpes outbreaks are causing you intense pain and discomfort. Though herpes isnt a dangerous condition that causes serious health problems, ongoing outbreaks may become a nuisance or cause embarrassment and pain.
How Do You Manage Herpes Long
Management with treatment:
- You may need to consider suppression treatment if you experience many outbreaks in a year
- You can buy antiviral creams for cold sores from a pharmacy, but should see your doctor if the sore lasts more than 5-7 days
- For genital herpes treatment, your doctor may refer you to a sexual health clinic
- Treatment of an acute short-term infection is simple and involves taking a course of antiviral tablets. There are different types of antiviral tablets which can be used. Some courses are higher strength and only need to be taken for 1 to 2 days, and some are taken for 5 days. You may need longer treatment if new symptoms develop during treatment or of your treatment doesnt completely heal your symptoms. You should speak to your doctor if this happens
Managing oral herpes :
- avoid direct physical contact with people
- avoid sharing items that can pass the virus on such as cups, cutlery, make up or lip balm. You can still use communal facilities such as showers, toilets or swimming pools.
- dont participate in oral sex or kissing
- wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly after applying antiviral cream or after touching the sore avoid touching the sore unless you need to apply treatment
Managing genital herpes donât have sex during an outbreak of genital herpes or during the initial signs of an outbreak . The following preventative steps will reduce the risk of passing it to partners:
Telling a partner about herpes:
Read Also: Are There Cures For Herpes
When To Call The Doctor
Even though HSV sores can hurt and be unsightly, most cases of herpes do not cause serious illness. The sores go away in a few days. Contact the health provider if:
- Sores are present and you think it might be a first herpes infection. The diagnosis is usually made by examining the sores. If the sores have not healed, sometimes a laboratory test is done.
- Sores do not heal by themselves or show signs of infection such as pus, spreading redness or fever.
- Sores are near the eyes.
- You have another health condition with a weakened immune system.
How To Get Rid Of Herpes The Conventional Way
For most people with herpes, the virus typically represents nothing more than an inconvenience however, the real risk is for immuno-compromised patients who cant easily manage infections. In these patients, such as those with HIV/AIDS, herpes simplex infection is associated with increased morbidity and mortality.
As of 2017, there is not currently a herpes vaccine available to prevent HSV-1 or HSV-2.
Doctors sometimes prescribe medications to help keep the herpes virus suppressed or to speed up healing of cold sores by reducing bacteria that can cause infections. Some medications that are now used to control herpes include:
- Nucleoside analogues and antiviral medications
- Creams/ointment to help lower pain and inflammation near the site of sores
- Over-the-counter painkillers to reduce aches, tenderness or fever
However, its important to understand that even with early detection and prescription medications, either form of the herpes virus cannot be totally cured so transmission is always still possible. Medications for viruses dont always work long term and are not a cure-all.
Don’t Miss: Can You Sue For Herpes
How Are Cold Sores Treated
Cold sores usually go away in about 1 to 2 weeks. No medicines can make the virus go away. But some treatments can help make cold sores less painful and not last as long:
- Cold compresses can help with discomfort.
- Prescription or over-the-counter treatments are sometimes recommended by the doctor.
- Cool foods and drinks can help make eating more comfortable.
- Taking acetaminophen or ibuprofen may ease pain. Donât take aspirin, as itâs linked to a rare but serious illness called Reye syndrome.
Is There A Cure Or Treatment For Genital Herpes
There is no cure for genital herpes. However, daily use of antiviral medicines can prevent or shorten outbreaks. Antiviral medicines also can reduce the chance of spreading it to others.
Though several clinical trials have tested vaccines against genital herpes, there is no vaccine currently available to prevent infection. One vaccine trial showed efficacy among women whose partners had HSV-2, but only among women not infected with HSV-1. Efficacy was not observed among men whose partners had HSV-2. Another trial testing the same vaccine showed some protection from genital HSV-1 infection, but none from HSV-2.
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Herpes Scars
Prevention Of Genital Herpes
The best protection against STIs is to always use barrier protection such as condoms, female condoms and dams . Because herpes is spread by skin-to-skin contact, condoms will reduce the risk of transmission, but it will not protect sexual partners completely as condoms do not cover the entire genitals.
Using lubricant with a condom during sex will also reduce the risk of trauma to the genital skin. This has been shown to reduce HSV transmission, especially in the first six months of a sexual relationship. Silicone-based lubricants are recommended.
Remember that herpes transmission can occur when symptoms are present , but may also occur even if there are no genital symptoms through asymptomatic viral shedding.
For people who have frequent episodes of genital herpes, antiviral medication, taken daily, helps to reduce transmission of herpes to a sexual partner.
How To Get Rid Of Cold Sores In 24 Hours
Also known as fever blisters, cold sores are a common viral infection. They look like small blisters that are filled with fluid and on and around your lips. Many times, these blisters form in patches. Once they break, a crust develops over the sore. Fortunately, cold sores usually go away within two to four weeks and dont leave a scar. The most painful cold sores are the ones that show up on the cracks of the cheeks and where the teeth hit the inside of ones lips. They can sometimes be so painful that it brings tears to the eyes.
Many people have reached out to us asking the fastest ways to get rid of a cold sore or if there are any at home remedies that can fix the pain in 24 hours or less.
If two to four weeks seems like a long time or you have an upcoming important event and would like to get rid of your core sore as soon as possible, you may be able to. There are a number of natural home remedies that may get the job done. We recommend you try the following:
Tea Tree Oil
Dab a bit of tea tree oil on a cotton swab and apply it to the sore directly. Be sure to repeat this several times during the day and before you go to bed. Tea tree oil is a great option because it contains anti-viral properties that kill infection that spread bacteria and expedite the healing process.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Contact River Run Dental
Recommended Reading: Genital Herpes Hurts So Bad
Who Is At Greatest Risk For Developing Cold Sores
Anyone who is exposed to the herpes simplex virus is at risk for developing cold sores. But many people have the virus and may never develop cold sores.
People who have weakened immune systems are at an increased risk for having more severe and longer-lasting outbreaks of cold sores.
One form of HSV infection, called primary herpes stomatitis, is seen most often in children 1 to 3 years old. It can cause a high fever and blisters throughout the mouth, which can interfere with the ability to eat. It can be serious in childrenthey can get quite sick from this illness, although they usually recover without any long-term problems.
How Far Away Is A Cure For Herpes
To date, doctors and medical experts have been unable to find a cure for the herpes simplex virus. Researchers are actively searching for new treatments in order to combat herpes.
While the virus has successfully evaded efforts to isolate and destroy it, there are signs of hope on the horizon. A recent Financial Market Brief press release indicates that a potential vaccine is being actively tested, with two treatments promising up to 93.67% efficacy in stopping HSV-1 and HSV-2 infection.
The proposed vaccine candidates â HerpaGreens and Herpesyl â contain mutations of the herpes virus that could safely replicate and infect new cells at the site of injection. The study, entitled Assessment of Two Novel Live-Attenuated Vaccine Candidates for Herpes Simplex Virus 2 in Guinea Pigs, can be viewed on the MDPI website here.
While both vaccine candidates have been deemed safe, they are still a long way from availability to the public. The stringent testing and clinical trial phases can take up to 12 years, meaning that â while hope for a cure is on the horizon â treatment and prevention efforts are the best course of action to stop herpes from spreading.
Also Check: What Are The Early Signs Of Herpes
Herpes Simplex Virus Overview
Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus . It takes in two forms, including oral herpes and genital herpes. Both forms of herpes can have some similarities- they all cause sores on the affected skin. But each form can result from a different type of HSV.
Oral herpes is caused by HSV-1. It is responsible for sores in or around the mouth. Many people refer them to as cold sores or fever blisters.
These sores can look like pimples or acne. They are painful, small or red and can fill with clear liquid. Often, they can go along with other symptoms, like pain, itching or burning in the affected skin. If youre first infected with herpes, you may experience flu-like symptoms. These includes fever, headache, body aches, and swollen lymph nodes.
After a few days, the sores will break open, ooze fluid, dry, turn into scabs and heal. After healing, the virus lies dormant and wait to cause a new outbreak. Recurrent outbreaks of herpes tend to be less severe and they can go away quicker.
To treat herpes, you can use ProsurX cream. It is known to offer many benefits for herpes patients:
You May Like: How Soon Can You Tell If You Have Herpes
Can You Get Rid Of Herpes For Good
It is not possible to be permanently cured of herpes. Once infected, an individual carries the sexually-transmitted infection for the duration of their life. While various treatments and remedies can effectively treat and slow the progression of HSV-1 and HSV-2, no cure has been discovered for the disease.
You May Like: Can You Have Genital Herpes And Never Know It
How To Get Rid Of Herpes Overnight
Unfortunately, it is impossible to get rid of the symptoms of a herpes outbreak overnight. Whilst there are genital herpes treatments designed to reduce the duration and severity of recurrences, no products exist that can eliminate the outbreak entirely within one day .
Medical intervention â along with homeopathic remedies â can reduce the discomfort, pain and length of a flare-up.
How Is Genital Herpes Spread
Genital herpes is usually transmitted by having sexual contact with someone who carries HSV. You can get genital herpes through direct contact with an infected blister or sore, usually through sexual contact. You can also transmit or get the virus when you or your partner have no symptoms present .
Most people who infect others don’t realise they are putting their partners at risk.
- Around 80% of people with genital herpes don’t know they have the virus because they have very mild symptoms or none at all.
- More than 75% of people who have genital herpes get it from people who are entirely unaware that they have it themselves.
Using condoms reduces your risk of passing on the virus by about 50%, but does not remove it completely.
You cannot catch genital herpes by sharing cups, towels or bath water, or from toilet seats. It can only be spread by close skin-to-skin contact.
HSV that causes genital herpes does not cause cervical cancer.
Read Also: How Does Vaginal Herpes Look
Tips How To Get Rid Of Fever Blisters On Your Lips Fast
Fever blisters or cold sores are actually a group of small blisters appearing around your mouth and on your lips. Affected by fever blisters, the skin around your mouth and on your lips is red, sore and swollen. Do not worry. It is not a dangerous or life-threatening health problem. The fever blisters can disappear after a couple of days to 2 weeks.
Fever blisters are triggered by the herpes simplex virus . Both HSV-1 and HSV-2, two types of herpes simplex virus can result in cold sores on your lips and around your mouth. Fever blisters are contagious. A person can be infected if he or she touches the blisters or saliva of sufferers from fever blisters. You should not share razors or utensils with the infected people to avoid fever blisters or cold sores from spreading.
For the first time, the sufferers from fever blisters may experience a headache, fever, vomiting and nausea. The open sores in their mouth are often swelling and painful. These signs and symptoms may last for one week. If you suspect that you get fever blisters, your physician or dentist can diagnose it by asking for your medical history and conducting several tests.
Children should take some vaccines to avoid both two types of herpes simplex virus. Applying sunscreen on your lips daily is said to prevent fever blisters or cold sores.
If you ask for natural treatments and home remedies on how to get rid of fever blisters, you should read this article in Allremedies.com.
Counselling For Genital Herpes
If you have just found out that you have genital herpes, it is likely you will have a lot of questions. A diagnosis of genital herpes often comes as a shock.
For many people who have genital herpes, the physical symptoms are outweighed by the emotional stress relating to the diagnosis. There are many misconceptions about genital herpes, including the belief that it is associated with promiscuity.
Seeing a counsellor may be a good idea to discuss any concerns you may have. Counselling offers a way of dealing with your concerns.For more information see the NZ Herpes Foundation or talk with one of their trained counsellors on 0508 11 12 13 free call 0508 11 12 13 or 09 433 6526 .
Don’t Miss: Can You Get Herpes From Blood
The Early Warning Signs Of Genital Herpes
Once you learn to identify the early warning signs of a genital herpes outbreak, you can take action to avoid the worst outbreak symptoms.
The most common sign of genital herpes is the development of blisters around the genital area. Herpes simplex blisters are often itchy and painful.
Other symptoms may accompany the blisters to indicate early warning signs of genital herpes:
- -Difficult or painful urination
- -Wash your hands immediately after any possible contact with sores to prevent the spread of infection
- -Take medication as directed by your healthcare professional
- -Use natural treatments known to reduce discomfort and accelerate healing
- -Use foods and supplements known to strengthen your immune system
- -Use the Luminance RED on current outbreaks and in-between
What You Need To Know
- Fifty percent to 80 percent of U.S. adults have oral herpes.
- Oral herpes can be spread through intimate contact with someone who is infected.
- Oral herpes can be difficult to diagnose. Often confused with many other infections, it can only be confirmed with a virus culture called PCR, blood test or biopsy. PCR is the preferred test for diagnosing herpes infections.
- The best treatment for oral herpes is antiviral oral medication. Symptomatic treatment may include antiviral ointment, over-the-counter topical anesthetics or over-the-counter anti-inflammatory agents.
Whether you call it a cold sore or a fever blister, oral herpes is a common infection of the mouth area that is caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 . Fifty percent to 80 percent of U.S. adults have oral herpes. According to the National Institutes of Health, about 90 percent of adults have been exposed to the virus by age 50.
Once infected, a person will have herpes simplex virus for the rest of his or her life. When inactive, the virus lies dormant in a group of nerve cells. While some people never develop any symptoms from the virus, others will have periodic outbreaks of infections.
Also Check: How Can You Get Genital Herpes