Episodic Therapy For Recurrences
For a recurrent episode, treatment takes 1 to 5 days, depending on the type of medication and dosage. You should begin the medication as soon as you notice any signs or symptoms of herpes, preferably during the prodrome stage that precedes the outbreak of lesions.
In order for episodic therapy to be effective, it must be taken no later than 1 day after a lesion appears. If taken during prodrome, episodic therapy may help prevent an outbreak from occurring or reduce its severity. If taken at the first sign of a lesion, it can help speed healing.
Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- What is the best treatment for me?
- Are there any side effects to my treatment?
- Is it safe to have unprotected sex if I dont have any sores?
- Can I give myself genital herpes if I also have oral herpes?
- Can I give someone else herpes even if Im not having an outbreak?
- What is the best way to prevent herpes outbreaks?
- Can I live a normal life with herpes?
- Am I at risk of developing any other diseases?
- Are there any support groups in my area?
- If I give my baby herpes, what is the treatment?
Dr Sebi Cure For Herpes: Discover How To Naturally Cure The Herpes Virus With Dr Sebi Diet In Less Than 4 Days With Proven Fact Includes Dr Se
Are you looking for a new, natural way to manage herpes symptoms?
Are you tired of conventional herpes medications of modern medicine that just donât work?
Do you wish there was a way to cure the herpes virus without the damaging effects of western treatments?
Your Customers Will Never Stop to Use this Awesome Book
So, if you have been looking for ways to naturally get rid of the herpes simplex virus from your body, you are in the right place
Herpes is a very frustrating infection and if you believe that there is no an effective cure, you are mistaken.
In âDr. Sebi Cure for Herpesâ, you will get simple and effective ways to naturally manage the herpes virus.
Natural herbs have cured so many illnesses that drugs and injection canât cure.
This book will show you a step-by-step guide on how to cure herpes virus naturally in less than 4 days with the most effective medical herbs that Dr. Sebi recommends.
In this book you are ready to discover:
- How to recognize first symptoms of herpes virus
- Dr. Sebiâs BEST therapeutic approach in managing the herpes virus
- The step-by-step process to naturally treat all types of herpes even if you have specific intolerances
- The great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in the cure of the virus
- Which are the best alkaline foods to eat to prevent the virus and Dr. Sebi-approved foods that will help fast-track your recovery in less than 4 days
So, no more excuses, start being healthy
Read Also: What Is Femiclear For Herpes
What Are The Types Of Herpes Viruses
Herpes is a group of contagious viruses. All of these viruses cause blisters and sores. Some of the more common herpes viruses include:
- Type 1: HSV-1, or oral herpes, causes cold sores to form on lips, gums, tongue and inside the mouth. It can cause genital herpes in some cases This type usually spreads through saliva when you kiss someone with open herpes sores. You can also get HSV-1 by sharing items like toothbrushes, lipsticks or eating utensils.
- Type 2: HSV-2 causes genital herpes.
- Herpes zoster: This virus causes chickenpox and shingles.
Read Also: How To Protect Against Herpes
Is There Any Resistance To Genital Herpes Medication
Resistance to drugs that treat genital herpes even after 20 years of use is very rare. Herpes medications may not work as well in patients who are very immunosuppressed and have been treated with these drugs for a long time. Each individuals response to treatment may vary. In some cases, patients may need more drugs to suppress their viral outbreaks than others.
Also Check: How To Treat Oral Herpes At Home
What Are The Dangers Of Herpes If Not Treated
Herpes simplex virus causes blisters and open sores in the mouth, lips, skin, eyes and genitals 12. HSV-1 is the cause of most cold sores, while HSV-2 is the main infectious agent linked to genital herpes. These viral infections can heal on their own, although antiviral medications are an effective way to speed healing, reduce the frequency of outbreaks, and minimize the risk of transmitting the infection to others. Untreated infections sometimes get worse, particularly in people with weak immune systems, causing HSV to spread to other areas of the body or increase the risk of other infections.
If you are experiencing serious medical symptoms, seek emergency treatment immediately.
What Are The Treatments For Herpes Infection
There is no specific treatment for herpes. The sores are often clear without any treatment.
- For the treatment of herpes infection, the doctor may prescribe a dose of some antiviral medicines. It helps in minimizing the infection and curing the blisters on the skin. There are antiviral medicines to reduce the infection, such as Famciclovir , Valacyclovir , Acyclovir, Cloviderm, Aciherpin, etc.
- An antiviral ointment or cream can help in relieving the burning, itching or tingling sensation on the skin.
- One should maintain good oral and genital hygiene if infected by the herpes infection.
- One should wear loose, comfortable clothes to prevent any irritation to the sores when infected by genital herpes.
This infection does not have a vigorous treatment and it resolves in some time.
Don’t Miss: What To Do When You Have Genital Herpes
How Can Herpes Be Prevented
Correct and consistent use of latex condoms can reduce, but not eliminate, the risk of transmitting or acquiring genital herpes because herpes virus shedding can occur in areas that are not covered by a condom.25,26
The surest way to avoid transmission of STDs, including genital herpes, is to abstain from sexual contact, or to be in a long-term mutually monogamous relationship with a partner who has been tested for STDs and is known to be uninfected.
Persons with herpes should abstain from sexual activity with partners when herpes lesions or other symptoms of herpes are present. It is important to know that even if a person does not have any symptoms, he or she can still infect sex partners. Sex partners of infected persons should be advised that they may become infected and they should use condoms to reduce the risk. Sex partners can seek testing to determine if they are infected with HSV.
Daily treatment with valacyclovir decreases the rate of HSV-2 transmission in discordant, heterosexual couples in which the source partner has a history of genital HSV-2 infection. 27 Such couples should be encouraged to consider suppressive antiviral therapy as part of a strategy to prevent transmission, in addition to consistent condom use and avoidance of sexual activity during recurrences.
Read Also: How Do You Test For Genital Herpes
Treatment Of An Initial Outbreak
The first outbreak of genital herpes is usually much worse than recurrent outbreaks. Symptoms tend to be more severe and to last longer. Your provider will prescribe one of the three antiviral medications, which you will take for 7 to 10 days. If your symptoms persist, treatment may be extended. An acyclovir ointment may also be prescribed for topical treatment of initial genital herpes.
Don’t Miss: How To Find Out If You Have Herpes
Frequently Asked Questions About Herpes Infections
Q. Does Herpes Infections have very serious complications?
Serious complications rarely occur in healthy people with herpes simplex. However, serious complications occur most often in newborns and people who have had a long-term illness or have a weak immune system. If you are suffering from cancer, HIV AIDS, or have had an organ transplant, seek medical help as soon as you notice any signs or symptoms of herpes infection.
Is there a link between HIV AIDS and Herpes infections?
There is known to be a direct link between HIV infection and herpes infection. Those people with a herpes infection are more likely to get HIV infection if proper sexual hygiene and conduct are not maintained. Also, those people who are already suffering from HIV can get a more severe and painful case of herpes infection.
Does herpes infections hurt?
The first time a person gets herpes infections, the sores are very painful. The blisters break and leave painful ulcers that heal in 2-4 weeks time.
Can people with herpes infections live a normal life?
Yes, people with herpes infections can live a normal healthy life and have relationships. One must follow steps to prevent recurrence or spread of herpes infections to the partner.
Does herpes infection reduce life span?
We hope we have answered all your questions about Herpes infections and How do Herpes Infections Spread, through this article.
Symptoms Of Genital Herpes
Many people who have genital herpes may not be aware they have the infection, because they may not have any symptoms.
The first episode of herpes can cause considerable pain and distress. Symptoms of the first episode may include:
- flu-like symptoms such as feeling unwell, headaches and pains in the back and legs, with or without enlarged glands in the groin
- small blisters around the genitals these break open to form shallow, painful ulcers, which scab over and heal after one to two weeks
- small cracks in the skin with or without an itch or tingling
- redness or a distinct rash
- some people also have considerable pain and swelling in the genital area, and hence may have additional pain and difficulty passing urine.
You May Like: How Is Herpes Transmitted From One Person To Another
How To Prevent Herpes Infection Spread
Since there is no specific cure for Herpes Infection, it is better to prevent contracting the virus or prevent the spread of the infection to another person if you get it.
The steps to follow to prevent the spread of herpes infection-
- People who are diagnosed with herpes infection must avoid any physical contact with other people.
- Do Not share objects like utensils, toothbrushes, towels, clothes, cosmetics, lip balm, etc as these items can easily carry and pass the herpes virus from infected to a healthy person.
- One must avoid any form of sexual activity with the partner if diagnosed with or have symptoms of herpes infections, till the doctor advises.
- Patients undergoing the treatment must follow proper hygiene guidelines, must wash hands regularly, apply any ointments or medicines to the sores using clean cotton swabs only.
- Pregnant women diagnosed with herpes infection can prevent spreading the infection to the unborn child by strictly taking the prescribed medications.
The steps to follow to prevent getting herpes infections-
- Get regular tests done for any Sexually Transmitted Diseases .
- HPV vaccines can be taken to prevent getting certain strains of the herpes virus that can cause cancer.
- Follow safe sexual practices- using condoms, using dental dams or condoms for oral sex, alert the sexual partner if you develop any symptoms of the herpes infection, etc.
- Follow good hygiene practices
Do Condoms Help Prevent The Spread Of Genital Herpes
Yes. To prevent transmission of herpes, we recommend that condoms be used 100% of the time. Many patients will shed the virus and be contagious when they dont have symptoms. Studies have shown that asymptomatic shedding occurs between 1% and 3% of the time in patients with HSV II genital infections. Many new herpes infections occur from partners who are shedding the virus asymptomatically, so condoms are highly recommended.
Condoms may not be an attractive option for monogamous couples or for couples who desire to become pregnant. Couples may opt to have serological tests to determine if either partner has an asymptomatic infection. In close monogamous relationships, the risks of transmission can be weighed against other relationship issues, such as intimacy and pregnancy.
Don’t Miss: What Are Early Signs Of Herpes
Can Genital Herpes Cause Other Problems
For most women, genital herpes does not usually cause serious health problems.
Women with HIV can have severe herpes outbreaks that are long-lasting. Herpes also may play a role in the spread of HIV. Herpes sores can make it easier for HIV to get into your body. Also, herpes can make people who are HIV-positive more likely to spread the infection to someone else.
What Not To Eat
What to eat to prevent herpes outbreaks is important but what NOT to eat is even more crucial. In order to fully and naturally treat your HSV condition, knowing both is significantly beneficial. From what was mentioned above, you would probably be able to tell which types of food you need to avoid: acidic or high arginine. Acidic foods weaken your immune system while arginine boosts the reproduction of herpes viruses therefore they are the worst combination you need to avoid in order to avoid future outbreaks.
Read Also: Can You Spread Herpes On Medication
Simple Treatments For The Relief Of Discomfort
- Wear loose underclothes, preferably cotton , to help minimise discomfort and allow healing.
- Use plain water or saline solution with cotton wool to clean and soothe the area. To make a saline solution, use 1 teaspoon of salt in 600ml of water or a handful of salt in a shallow bath.
- Don’t use scented soaps, bubble bath, etc in the area, as these may irritate it.
- Using a hairdryer on its lowest setting to dry the area may be more comfortable than using a towel.
- Pain relief medication such as paracetamol and ibuprofen may ease the pain. Check with your pharmacist or other health professional whether taking these is suitable for you.
- Ice wrapped in a face cloth or flannel and placed over the sores for 510 minutes may be soothing. Don’t apply ice directly to the sores as this can cause ice burn.
- If you find peeing painful, try applying Vaseline® to the area or sitting in a warm bath before urinating or using a pump bottle full of water and spraying water on yourself while peeing.
- You can also try applying a pain relief cream such as lignocaine cream to the painful area. This is applied 5 minutes before peeing and should be used for a maximum of 12 days.
- Drink plenty of fluids as this dilutes your pee and may help reduce stinging.
Sleep For Herpes Cure
Increase your Amount of Sleep for herpes cure The first thing you need to do is take a look at how much sleep youregetting. Sleep is a major factor in your immune system, and you may besuffering from sleep deficiency without even realizing it. Doctors suggestnightly sleep in-between 8 and 10 hours. For many of us, because of our hecticdemanding lives, we neglect sleep and even view it as a hindrance, with manybusy professionals sleeping nightly between 3-6 hours.
If you increase your sleep to the recommended amount, you may noticeyour herpes symptoms entirely disappear.
Here are some ways to increase how much youre sleeping:
- Leave work at the office: turn your phone to airplane mode after 8 PMat night. If youre a doctor being woken up for emergency calls, I guesstheres not much you can do short of retiring. But even so, you might beable to find a way to fit in cat-naps.
- Avoid pharmaceuticals like Ambien and opt for Valerian root tea which is an age oldinsomnia remedy.
- Begin a wind down period nightly. An hour before you sleep, cut offelectronics and other media to give your mind a chance to unwind.
- Its often easier to go to bed very early, and wake up with extra timebefore you go to work than to try and squeeze household duties in beforesleep, as this may just keep you up.By increasing the amount of sleep youre getting, your immune system mayjust increase enough that the herpes virus is no longer able to come out of hiding.
You May Like: Can You Get Herpes On Your Skin
Can Genital Herpes Come Back
Yes. Genital herpes symptoms can come and go, but the virus stays inside your body even after all signs of the infection have gone away. The virus becomes “active” from time to time, leading to an outbreak. Some people have outbreaks only once or twice. Other people may have four or five outbreaks within a year. Over time, the outbreaks usually happen less often and are less severe.
Experts do not know what causes the virus to become active. Some women say the virus comes back when they are sick, under stress, out in the sun, or during their period.
A Workhorse Of Gene Therapy
The researchers also refined their methods of transporting the molecular scissors to targeted nerve cells. From the beginning, Jerome and his team have relied on a harmless, hollowed-out virus that is drawn to the surface proteins of nerve cells. Called an adeno-associated virus vector, or AAV, it is the little workhorse of gene therapy. In this case, it is used to ferry to the infected nerve cells genetic instructions that cause them to make those meganucleases.
âWe inject the AAV vector, and it finds its way,â Aubert said.
Latent herpes viruses lurk in clusters of nerve cells called ganglia, and researchers have found that some ganglia are harder to reach than others. Over the years, they discovered that some AAV strains are better suited than others to find specific types of nerve clusters, and this has helped them fine-tune the selection of these delivery viruses to match infected cells in different places.
In their mouse experiments, the team continued to improve their results, nudging them up to a 95% reduction in herpesvirus infection in one prominent nerve cluster using a selection of two different meganucleases carried by three different flavors of AAVs. By selecting vectors that are primed for harder-to-reach nerve clusters, the group expects to continue improving their ability to eradicate the virus.
Stoddard is also tweaking the meganucleasesâ structures to make them a better fit against HSV-2.
Aubert said that comes naturally to her.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Rid Of Herpes Around The Mouth