Avoid Hot Beverages And Foods That Are Salty Spicy Or Acidic
- Do yourself a favor and steer clear of foods that are likely to irritate a cold sore. Things like pretzels, curry, hot sauce, or citrus fruits could aggravate your cold sore and make the pain worse.
- Tomatoes and citrus fruits like oranges contain acid that can irritate the skin.
- But many of these acidic fruits also contain Vitamin C that can boost your white blood cell count to fight off the infection.
- Instead, take a tablet containing Vitamin C to get your bodys defenders fighting the battle for you.
What Is The Herpes Virus
Herpes is a virus that causes skin sores. The medical term for it is the Herpes Simplex Virus . It most commonly produces sores on the mouth or genitals.
Herpes is very common and doesnt usually cause severe health problems. However, it is very contagious and there is no cure.
Complementary And Alternative Medicine
Some people use natural therapies to treat herpes, either on their own or to support standard medical care. The research supporting their use is generally weak, with little evidence that they can reduce either the severity or duration of an outbreak. Even so, many people swear by their effectiveness and consider them a vital part of managing herpes outbreaks.
Complementary and alternative therapies sometimes used to treat herpes include:
- Propolis: This is a sticky substance produced by bees that may help speed the healing of genital herpes. A 2017 study found that people who used propolis ointment experienced better healing by the 10th day of treatment compared to those who used a sham ointment.
- Algae extract: Lab studies suggest that algae extract can inhibit the growth of HSV-2 in test tubes. Whether it can do so in humans has yet to be proven.
- Acupuncture: A 2011 study concluded that acupuncture was mildly effective in reducing pain caused by the herpes zoster virus , the type of herpes virus that causes shingles. While this suggests that acupuncture may be useful in easing genital herpes pain, this has yet to be proven.
You May Like: Homemade Remedies For Genital Herpes
Are You Still Looking For A Natural Herpes Cure That Really Works After Months Of Searches With No Success Did You Waste Money And Time On Strange Miraculous Medicines That In The End Were Ineffectiveif So No Doubt That You Will Find Very Interesting What I Am About To Point Out In The Following Lines
Herpes is a very frustrating infection that is caused by the herpes simplex virus . Today, many people are suffering from this annoying virus, and most people also believe that there isnât any cure. Someone is carrying this virus without showing any symptom on the other hand, most people show its signs, and herpes is fully shown within 2-12 days after the exposion to the HSV.
However, after the first exposion to the virus, its reappearances tend to happen more frequently the bad news is that as time goes on, the remission period gets longer and more stressful.
Are you now concerned? DONâT WORRY: this book will show you step-by-stephow to cure herpes simplex virus naturally in less than 5 days with the 7 most effective medical herbs that Dr. Sebi recommends.
In this book you are ready to discover:
If you already tried different medicines, spent a lot of money and time with no effects, this book will surely give you the right information to eradicate the HSV from your body in no time at all!
Are you still wondering?
Bear in mind that you donât need to spend a fortune on drugs and medications that won’t work. All you need is to follow the Dr. Sebi recommended alkaline based diet.
Baking Soda For Swollen Lip Cure
img source: toiimg.com
Using baking soda is a great way to treat swollen lips from insect bites, allergic reactions and fever blisters. To use it, take about 1 table spoon of baking soda and add water until it forms a thick paste. Apply the paste on affected place and let it stay there for up to 10 minutes. You can then wash it off with cold water.
Also Check: Over Counter Medicine For Genital Herpes
Is It Possible To Cure Herpes
Unfortunately, herpes has no cure as the virus invades your immune system once you are infected with the virus, you have it for life. This is the same for whether you have oral or genital herpes.
An infection doesn’t mean symptoms are guaranteed most oral or genital infections dont cause any symptoms. Its very common for people to have come into contact with the virus at some point in their lives and carry the virus without ever having any symptoms. The virus lays dormant in your body after your initial infection and can reactivate several times a year or even months or years later. The time in which the virus reactivates varies from person to person. People do not spontaneously cure themselves of herpes.
Not everyone who has been infected with herpes goes on to show symptoms, or have outbreaks. The severity of outbreaks also varies from person to person and is hard to predict.
Oral Herpes & Other Health Problems
HSV I rarely has any serious impact on a persons health. Although the sores can be painful and are very infectious, they do not cause other harm to your health like chronic pain or cancer.
If you have underlying health conditions, you may struggle with more frequent outbreaks, which might make some chronic health problems worse. For example, if you struggle with eczema, HSV I can make this skin condition worse, and the outbreak might last longer.
If oral herpes sores appear inside the mouth like on the gums or the tongue, it is possible that you can get a secondary infection that could cause gum disease. Even if the outbreak hurts, it is important not to neglect your oral health. Gently brush around the area if it is inside your mouth, and consider adding a rinse of warm saltwater to reduce the risk of infection. This rinse can also reduce inflammation and pain from the outbreak.
You can also ask your dentist for help keeping oral care devices clean, especially items like dentures or clear aligners that you will need to reuse.
You May Like: How Do They Treat Herpes
Treatment For Genital Herpes
There is no medication to cure your body of the herpes virus. Treatment is aimed at easing symptoms, reducing the frequency of recurrences and reducing transmission.
Symptoms can be improved by:
- salt baths
- ice packs to the affected area
- pain-relieving medication such as paracetamol
- antiviral medication such as acyclovir, famciclovir and valaciclovir. These can reduce the severity of an episode if taken early enough . Topical antivirals usually used for cold sores on the lips or face are not suitable for use on the genitals.
How To Prevent Cold Sores
The virus that causes cold sores, herpes simplex virus type 1, is a lifelong problem, but there are measures you can take to prevent outbreaks.
Replace your toothbrushafter a cold sore. The virus can live on your toothbrush for days, and if you use a contaminated toothbrush, your lips could become re-infected.
Avoid triggers for cold sores, which can be different for each person. Some common cold sore triggers are stress, hormonal changes, illness and physical strain. Once you know your personal triggers, you can be mindful to avoid them.
Taking care of your lips with a sunblock lip balm can help prevent cold sores from other triggers, such as exposure to sunlight and dry, cracked lips. There are even lip balms specifically designed to help prevent and treat cold sore outbreaks. While this isnt a guarantee to stop cold sores, keeping your lips moisturized and protected from the sun is an easy daily step for prevention.
If you suffer from cold sores often, your dentist may recommend taking an antiviral medication regularly to help prevent outbreaks.
Although there isnt a cure for the common cold sore, there are plenty of ways to cope with it. Finding the right treatment for you might take a bit of trial and error, but with these options, you can find one that works best for you and get back to your healthy smile.
Recommended Reading: What Is Signs Of Herpes For Females
What Are Cold Sores
Cold sores , sometimes called fever blisters, are groups of small blisters on the lip and around the mouth. Often the first sign of a cold sore is a spot that tingles, burns, itches, or causes discomfort. A blister usually forms within 6 to 48 hours. The skin around the blisters is often red, swollen, and sore. The blisters may break open, leak a clear fluid, and then scab over after a few days. They usually heal in several days to 2 weeks.
Can You Get Herpes On Your Tongue
While you may associate herpes type 1 with cold sores on your lips, it is possible to suffer from the symptoms of herpes on your tongue. This is referred to as oral herpes and usually affects more of your mouth than just your tongue. More than half of all adults in the United States are thought to have oral herpes.
You May Like: How Can You Get Herpes Without Being Sexually Active
Antivirals That Require A Prescription
- –Acyclovir is a prescription medication used to improve the healing of sores or blisters caused by a number of conditions, including first-time and repeat outbreaks of genital herpes. It works by slowing or stopping the spread of the herpes virus within the body, but it cannot cure genital herpes.
- –Valacyclovir is another antiviral prescription drug used to treat genital herpes and shingles. Taken twice a day for five days, Valtrex may decrease uncomfortable symptoms and help sores heal faster. In some cases, this antiviral can also prevent new sores from forming.
When To See Your Doctor About Herpes
Although home remedies can be effective to a certain degree, symptoms are often easier to manage under professional care. If you get frequent outbreaks, talk to your doctor or dermatologist about taking preventative medication, Dr. Frey says.
And if you have a bun in the oven, be sure to inform your OB of your herpes diagnosis. Babies dont have immunity for at least six months, Dr. Frey says. Some HSV infections can be transmitted to an infant and cause meningitis.
Read Also: How Can You Get Tested For Herpes
Symptoms Of Genital Herpes
Many people who have genital herpes may not be aware they have the infection, because they may not have any symptoms.
The first episode of herpes can cause considerable pain and distress. Symptoms of the first episode may include:
- flu-like symptoms such as feeling unwell, headaches and pains in the back and legs, with or without enlarged glands in the groin
- small blisters around the genitals these break open to form shallow, painful ulcers, which scab over and heal after one to two weeks
- small cracks in the skin with or without an itch or tingling
- redness or a distinct rash
- some people also have considerable pain and swelling in the genital area, and hence may have additional pain and difficulty passing urine.
How Can I Get Rid Of Cold Sores Quickly
Theyre painful. Theyre unsightly. Theyre annoying. Cold sores are just plain unwelcome. When one pops up on your lip or mouth, you probably immediately think: Whats the fastest way to get rid of this thing?
Herpes simplex virus the virus that causes cold sores is incredibly contagious, and infection with the virus is really common, says Dr. Donald Brown, primary care practitioner at Houston Methodist. In fact, more than 50% of adults in the U.S. are infected with the type of herpes virus that most commonly causes cold sores. Interestingly, however, most people who contract the virus never actually develop symptoms.
If the virus does cause cold sores, it can spread from person-to-person through close contact, like kissing. But, while you may not know it, the virus can also spread by sharing:
- Utensils and drinking glasses
The virus is most contagious when a cold sore is present, particularly when the blister begins to ooze, Dr. Brown adds. However, its important to know that you can still spread the virus long after a cold sore heals as well as when a blister isnt even present.
For those who are no stranger to those painful, fluid-filled blisters, when you get a cold sore, you probably want it gone fast.
Recommended Reading: What Foods Cause Herpes Outbreaks
When Treatments For Genital Herpes Are Given
- Initial treatment. If you have symptoms such as sores when you’re first diagnosed with genital herpes, your doctor will usually give you a brief course of antiviral therapy to relieve them or prevent them from getting worse. Your doctor may keep you on the drugs longer if the sores don’t heal in that time.
After the first treatment, work with your doctor to come up with the best way to take antiviral therapies. There are two options:
- Intermittent treatment. Your doctor may prescribe an antiviral drug for you to keep on hand in case you have another flare-up this is called intermittent therapy. You can take the pills for two to five days as soon as you notice sores or when you feel an outbreak coming on. Sores will heal and disappear on their own, but taking the drugs can make the symptoms less severe and make them go away faster.
- Suppressive treatment. If you have outbreaks often, you may want to consider taking an antiviral drug every day. Doctors call this suppressive therapy. For someone who has more than six outbreaks a year, suppressive therapy can reduce the number of outbreaks by 70% to 80%. Many people who take the antiviral drugs daily have no outbreaks at all.
There is no set number of outbreaks per year that doctors use to decide when someone should start suppressive therapy. Rather, more important factors are how often the outbreaks happen and if they are severe enough to interfere with your life.
What Is The Usual Treatment For Genital Herpes
The doctor may prescribe antiviral tablets to speed up healing and reduce the severity of a first episode. Aciclovir is the most commonly used antiviral drug for treating genital herpes. You dont need the tablets if the first episode is mild, or if you have almost recovered before you see the doctor.If you get more episodes later on, you will be less likely to be offered with antiviral tablets as outbreaks clear up without treatment.To prevent a recurrent outbreak with antiviral tablets, you need to start taking them within 24 hours of noticing the beginning of the outbreak. When you start after 24 hours, it is unlikely that the tablets will have much effect. This is why you should have a prescription or tablets ready, so that you can start to take them as soon as possible see dosing information below. Members can ask for our antiviral drug fact sheet see subscription form. And we offer self-help suggestions too.
Recommended Reading: How Can I Know If I Have Genital Herpes
What Do Genital Herpes Symptoms Look Like
Other symptoms can include:
- tingling or burning around the genitals
- feeling unwell, with aches, pains and flu-like symptoms
- unusual vaginal discharge in women.
Many people with genital herpes wont get any symptoms, or may get symptoms for the first time months or even years after they were infected.
For most people, the blisters go away within one to two weeks. Although the outbreaks clear-up by themselves, the virus stays in the body. This means that people usually get blisters again which is called having a recurrent outbreak. Outbreaks usually become shorter and less severe over time.
Recommended Reading: How To Date Someone With Herpes
Creation And Maintenance Of Cell Lines Stably And Heterologously Expressing Nachr Of Defined Subunit Composition
Initial success in stably and heterologously expressing a7-nAChR18 can be attributed to selection of host cell and selection of vector. The pCEP4 vector was chosen because it has the cytomegalovirus promoter, which gives high constitutive expression of the downstream transgene of interest in human host cell lines. pCEP4 also contains genes coding for the Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen and origin of replication allowing episomal replication of the vector in human cells. That is, a vector was chosen that would eliminate a requirement for insertion of the transgene into the host genome, where it might become silenced or subject to variable regulation of expression. This helped to ensure high copy number for the transgene and its stable expression under constant selective pressure via coordinate expression of the hygromycin resistance gene, all from the same plasmid.
Recommended Reading: What Medication For Herpes Outbreak
Herpes Symptoms And Signs
In order to diagnose herpes, a health care provider can swab an area of visibly active herpes infection or, if symptoms arent active, a blood test can be given that measures the number of herpes antibodies present in the body. The antibodies dont indicate herpes itself, but rather show the immune systems response to the presence of the virus in the body. Its important to note that sometimes a swab can give false negative results since herpes lesions need to be large enough to yield enough detectable virus and if the outbreak is already healing it also may not be detected in a swab.
The most common herpes symptoms include:
Drug Treatment For Herpes On Face
From the perspective of conventional medicine, herpes on face is treated with antiviral agents whose list is headed by acyclovir which is available in tablets, injections, creams and ointments.
The most commonly used form of acyclovir is its consumption in tablets. It is usually an effective treatment because it stops the reproduction of the virus and therefore decreases the intensity of the outbreaks and their duration, although it does not eliminate the virus from our body.
Don’t Miss: Can Herpes Turn To Hiv